Intracoastal Waterway Cleanup Event
Online registration has closed; however, volunteer registrations will be accepted at Holland Park Classrooms beginning at 8:00 am on September 8th. You can download the registration form here.
SEPTEMBER 8, 2012
WHAT WILL YOU F.I.N.D.?
Palm Coast is hosting an Intracoastal Waterway Cleanup event. Equipped with a $5,000 Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) grant award, City staff will be asking local volunteers to protect and enjoy nature by removing trash within their developments or along City paths, walkways and waterways. Boaters can work in saltwater canals and Intracoastal waters and walkers can clear the paths and trails alongside the waterway.
Since City's inaugural event in 2008, the event has been a great success.
Participants – Total over all events: 1,424
2008 : 98 | 2009 : 286 | 2010 : 572 | 2011 : 468
Recyclable (lbs.) - Total over all events: 2,962.5
2008 : 713 | 2009 : 520 | 2010 : 665.50 | 2011 : 1,064
Generic (lbs.) - Total over all events: 5,484.50
2008 : 1,244 | 2009 : 780 | 2010 : 1,753 | 2011 : 1,707.50
This year's adventure begins at Holland Park for pre-registration package pick-up at 8:00 am. Pre-registered volunteers may pick up their packages early at Holland Park Classrooms on September 1st 10:00 am – 12:00 pm as part of orientation beginning at 9:00 am. Your package will include a t-shirt, water bottle, trash bags, gloves, safety sheet, and clean-up result form. On event day, Volunteers will be invited back to Holland Park at 12:00 pm to enjoy City-provided snacks and beverages with a special award's ceremony for most unique FIND and most collected garbage.
Located at the Palm Coast Marina (200 Clubhouse Drive) 386-445-0506.
You must wear your 2012 Palm Coast Waterway Clean-up t-shirt.
Event participants will receive free ice cream after their clean-up! :)
1) Prizes for event contest(s): Expiration Oct. 1st 2012
· "SUP"/ Stand Up PaddleBoard for 2 people: 2 Hour Rental
· WaterBike for 2 people : 1 Hour Rental
· Tandem (2 person) Kayak: 2 Hour Rental
*Watersports Participants must be 16 or older, under 18 with guardian or parent.
2) Cleanup Assistance:
· Free Rentals on event day for kayaks, paddleboards, and bikes available for cleanup. Please call Tropical Kayaks to ensure reservation. Limited Availability!
*Participation to be rotated up to 1.5 hours each group from 8 to 11:30am Free of charge. (Activities weather permitting)
Located at Town of Marineland Marina (101 Tolstoy Lane, St. Augustine) 904-647-1565.
1) Prizes for event contest(s):
· Gift certificate for a tandem guided kayaking ecotour ($110 value)
2) Cleanup Assistance:
· From Event Day to International Coastal Cleanup Day (September 15th) – Ripple Effect will give 10% off rental fees for those who wear a 2012 Palm Coast Waterway Clean-up t-shirt. This is a savings of $5 off tandem rentals and $4 off single rentals, per person. All should call ahead, as well as arrive for rentals between 9 am and 2 pm.
Volunteers will be invited back to Holland Park at 12:00 pm to enjoy Winn-Dixie and City-provided snacks and beverages with a special award's ceremony for most unique FIND and most collected garbage.