CITY OF PALM COAST
OFFICE OF THE CITY MANAGER
NEWS RELEASE/PUBLIC NOTICE
June 18, 2012
Contact: Dianne Torino
Contracts & Risk Manager
City of Palm Coast
QUANTITY GUIDELINES FOR DOORSTEP HAZARDOUS WASTE
How many hazardous waste items do you have for pick-up and how much of each do you have? Waste Pro has set guidelines for the City of Palm Coast's new Doorstep Hazardous Waste collection. As you gather your items, please note the following accepted quantities:
- Fluorescent light bulbs: Minimum 4, Maximum 8
- Used motor oils or antifreeze: Minimum 1 gallon, Maximum 2 gallons
- Paints and supplies; Pool & Household Chemicals: Minimum 2 gallons, Maximum 4 gallons
- Household Cleaners; Pesticides & Fertilizers: Minimum 4 items, Maximum 8 items
- Household Batteries: Minimum 10; Maximum 20
When you call Waste Pro to schedule a pick-up, please indicate the exact quantities of your items. Waste Pro limits these quantities because Federal law regulates the amount of chemicals that a truck can transport.
Items that are not acceptable for collection are gasoline, ammunition, acids, diesels, kerosene, mercury (or items containing mercury) and radioactive materials.
If you have household waste items for pick-up, call Waste Pro at 386-586-0800 to schedule a Saturday date. Items must be placed at your front door or garage door and NOT at the curb. For more information, please contact Dianne Torino, Palm Coast's Contracts & Risk Manager at 386-986-2339.
# # #